High-quality silica aerogel enables best-in-class solutions for thermal management for EV batteries, insulating plasters and consumer products.
- Thermal Management for Electric Vehicles
- Interior and exterior insulating plasters for breathable building envelopes and facades
- Insulation boards for internal insulating finishing systems
- Thermal insulation coatings for safe-to-touch surfaces, energy efficiency, prevention of corrosion under insulation (CUI), thermal breaks and condensation control
- Insulation packs for oil and gas subsea pipelines
- Architectural daylighting panels, glass units and tensile roofing systems
- Non-woven blanket for architectural membrane roofing
- Industrial insulation
- Ultra low gloss matte paint coatings for industrial surfaces
- Outdoor gear and apparel
- Personal products including skin and beauty care
We are the global leader in producing high quality particulate silica aerogel. We are the only company to develop a commercialized process that allows continuous production of aerogel under ambient conditions. Our innovative, proprietary process successfully produces high quality material while effectively bypassing the high costs associated with traditional aerogel production methods for safe, continuous manufacture of this versatile and high-performing material.
- Best in thermal insulation. Aerogel particles are open, porous, finely structured, lightweight and hydrophobic synthetic amorphous silica. Depending on the grade, aerogel particles range from microns to millimeters in diameter. Its porous structure is smaller than the mean free path of air, greatly limiting thermal conductivity and thus greatly enhancing thermal insulation performance. It is water repellent, but also water vapor open, making it possible to design aerogel-containing insulation materials and systems with moisture management and control.
- Museum-quality daylighting. Aerogel particles are also translucent and effectively disperse light. This makes aerogel an ideal choice for applications where light scattering and diffusion is needed, such as in daylighting units for buildings, architectural tensile roofing, antiglare and antireflective matte coatings and plastics, light-emitting diode (LED) diffusors, displays and lighting, and more.
- High performance additive. Aerogel boasts ultra-high surface area. Combined with its high internal capacity and superhydrophobicity, aerogel particles are increasingly enabling applications such as organics filtration and sequestration, filled polymer reinforcement, sebum absorption in personal care products, thixotropic rheology modification and more.
Certifications & Declarations
How is aerogel manufactured? Why is aerogel a superior thermal insulator? Learn more about the properties and applications of aerogel in our frequently asked questions section.